CIRCLE OF STONES
OF THE REFORMED DRUIDS OF GAIA
We, The Circle of Stones of the Reformed Druids of Gaia, living in the vicinity of Colorado Springs, CO, in order to make our existence more fruitful, do hereby enact this, our In-house Constitution.
The name of this organization shall be known as Circle of Stones Druid Grove (COS) chartered by the Reformed Druids of Gaia (RDG) and it shall be an autonomous Grove of the Reform.
Circle of Stones is a North American Reformed Druids of Gaia Group whose main focus-is Celtic Druidry with emphasis on Welsh Elements. Our study and research is based upon Celtic and Druid history and landscapes. Our studies include the Druidic Ogham alphabet, herbal medicines, textiles, etc, which can be located, decoded and/or reconstructed from appropriate texts, museums, landscape connections, archeology and personal/public/professional assemblies as well as journeying to the depths of our inner recesses of our minds to locate the information that has been lost. We will learn Celtic History/Lore and applications through Pagan ritual while instituting the ancient knowledge and applying it to our current way of life, natural landscapes and Mother Earth.
Our studies also lead us outside of the Celtic realm where we embark upon an ovate path of seer-ship, nature’s healing, and stonework. Forging this with our Celtic studies embodies Circle of Stones to be a well rounded grove centering upon the nature path.
Any person, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, age or sexual preferences may become a member of this organization upon presenting a petition, which may be oral, or in writing stating that she or he believes in the Reformed Druids of Gaia as well as the Basic Tenets of Circle of Stones.
- Nature is groovy. Always approach nature with reverence and respect.
- Abide by the laws of Nature.
- Meditate upon the Welsh Triads and Celtic themes and apply them to our lives to best of our ability.
- The Four Holy Days of the Druid calendar and the four Festival dates, as referenced in these by-laws and all legal documents of Circle of Stones, are as follows:
b) The Four Festival Days: Alban Arthuran/Winter Solstice, Alban Eiler/Spring Equinox, Alban Heruin/Summer Solstice, and Alban Elved/Fall Equinox will be open to the community and celebrated at the Arch Druid’s whim.
- The Grove recognizes the following dates:
a) Calan Gaeaf/Samhain = Oct 30-November 2
b) Gwyl Mair/Oimelc = Jan 30-February 2
c) Calan Mai/Beltaine = April 30-May 2
d) Gwyl Awst/ Lughnasadh = July 30-August 2
e) Alban Arthuran/Winter Solstice = Dec. 19th- Dec.22nd
f) Alban Eiler/Spring Equinox = March 19th- 22nd
g) Alban Heruin/Summer Solstice = June 19th- June 22nd
h) Alban Elved/Fall Equinox = Sept.19th –22nd.
- Full and New Moons –both open and closed depending on the final decision of the board.
- The Arch Druid will preside in setting the dates, times and locations for the above calendar.
- Community rituals (festivals) usually will be held on the weekend closest to the calendar date and Grove rituals (Holy Days) will be held the night before the actual Holy day.
- Exceptions to the calendar article will be made when necessary.
Membership in the Grove will be conferred upon an individual who has
ü Attended one public Grove ritual and,
ü Requested Grove membership and,
ü Is 18 years of age or more unless is a child of Legal Adult within the grove and written permission is expressed.
ü Has a magical and/or healing background
Membership may be resigned at any time by notifying the Arch Druid and/or the board verbally or in writing.
Membership may be revoked by the Arch Druid and/or the board of the Grove if an individual:
a) Exhibits disruptive or abusive conduct which works directly against the aims, activities or welfare of Circle of Stones, the Grove or its members.
b) Disruptive or abusive conduct includes: hysterical behavior and outrage, the spreading of slander or libel against Circle of Stones or its leadership; bigoted communication or behavior; or active efforts to persuade members to quit or to dissuade nonmembers from joining or to intentional close off the grove and totally disallow new members from joining; intentional disruption of public or semipublic events; inappropriate use of Grove name, logo, copyrights or materials (ritual supplies, email lists, web-sites, etc.) and any attempt to replace Grove name, logo, copyrights or materials (ritual supplies, email lists, web-sites, etc) Members or officers who exhibit this behavior will be banned from the grove.
- Currently, membership dues are required.
A member who has not attended a Grove function in 3 months is considered to have resigned except in extenuating circumstances to be determined by the board.
- A person may be a member of more than one Order or Grove.
Study Group Requirements
1. Study Group will be held once a month.
- New members will be required to take the RDA 101 course as set forth by the Reformed Druids of Gaia.
- Tree Sit Video is also required viewing after the RDG 101 course.
- Required reading and documentation will be instituted, as will be exercises and meditations to the current curriculum of the Grove.
- Members will be personally responsible for funding their own additional training regarding larger Druid organizations that might be presented as a study course in Circle of Stones in the future. Examples of the larger organizations are The Order of the Ovates, Bards and Druids (OBOD), Ancient Druids of North America (ADOA), and British Druid Order (BDO) ect.
- Members will be responsible to fund their own traveling expenses for field trips, rituals and other activities provided by grove.
All written and oral work that is written and/or produced by members of the grove become Circle of Stones property and are therefore the property of Circle of Stones and is hereby copyrighted as so.
- The Calendar, Ritual Outline and Wheel of Life within the Grove that will be adhered to.
- The Arch Druid of Circle of Stones will make all final executive decisions to all matters after the business meeting with the board until such a time when the grove has grown and there is more member input up for debate.
- Grove business meetings will be held yearly.
- Community projects and Druid Meet-ups will be scheduled according to calendar availability.
- There will be no other online or live groups or sites for Circle of Stones unless initiated by the Founder of the grove and/or the board and membership request it.
Rev. Druid Patricia A. Vialpando, Arch Druid, Circle of Stones
Rev. Lloyd M. Pauli, Preceptor, Circle of Stones
As it is written, so shall it be!